Friday, July 6, 2007

Something I love

I just have to share the love and satisfaction I get from making a knitted item from my handspun, from my drop spindle and hand dyed no less! It goes from: fiber to yarn to sock--





It's so much different than going to the store and buying your yarn and casting on. Now that has it's own merits, of course. I've done that plenty and will do it many more times, no doubt. It's just that there is a completeness about it that is so exciting and satisfying. I really didn't think I would like spinning all that much, but it really is becoming one of the things I love.
My next big goal is to spin enough yarn for a sweater. That will have to be later, I'm still working on the Victoria Tank, Monkey Sock (1 done, 1 to go), and energized single sock (1 done, 1/2 to go).

It's amazing how different it is writing the blog, rather than reading the blog. It's a lot of work and time consuming, I really have a better appreciation for the bloggers out there. Not only does it take a lot of time and energy to try to make it look nice, but also to write something meaningful. Especially when you're like me, stealing time when the kids are watching tv or busy with video games.

1 comment:

yarnahoy said...

Hi Michelle!
Thank for your kind comment re the handspun sweater. I blended the tussah silk/merino part. The rest I used as is.
Best :)
Manasi