Sunday, July 29, 2007

Trips, Eats and Knits



Yesterday I went to Lambtown with Kristine and Adrienne. They were super nice to invite me and do the driving too. It was fun, my first sheepy show and I got some cool stuff. There were interesting booths, some fiber related and some not. People watching and listening to music was what we did most. It was so hot, about 90 degrees in the shade. The blue is egyptian cotton from Joyful Colors, The purple (purple haze) a merino and silk mix from Chasing Rainbow Dyeworks and some Jacob that I got from Meridian Jacobs. All things I've never spun before, I'm excited!

On the way home we saw some cool cars at a Drive In and had to stop







Still working on the tank, it's amazing how tiny little yarn and tiny little needles give so little progress.

I've been working on my monkey (sock, that is), turned the heel and now on to the foot, I should be done shortly. It's amazing to think how fast I could actually knit something if I didn't have ADD and have to have at least 3 projects going at once. Actually that's a lie, I try to limit it to three. But still.

I decided to knit this lace wrap for the reunion, partly because it's cheap, and partly because it's easy. Hopefully it will get done in time. I'd like to knit a pretty shrug when time is not an issue. I'm not really into shrugs, but am slowly seeing their appeal with a dress. Especially when one does not have many coats.

Trying to watch what I eat, so that my "curves" will be less flabby I made this chili, which was very good. It didn't turn out very spicy, and I only used red peppers (I don't much like the green). I'm sorry I didn't take a photo, but it was really good and low fat to boot.

Fnished the Harry Potter book. I liked it. I'm a nerdy sap, don't tell anyone.

We are going away for a few days tomorrow. I'm looking forward to lounging by the pool....

No comments: