Saturday, June 14, 2008

Back and A Meme

Well, life has been super busy...

If it hadn't been for Kristine, I may have let this blog go quietly to blog heaven, as I'm not very good at updating.

Of late, my in-laws drove here all the way from Vermont, S's best friend got married, of which there many, many days of revelry, we sold our house (wow) and I am now officially a mother of a seventh grader.

Oh yes! And I'm in the summer Spin-Off magazine!! It's very exciting.

I have been horrible about taking pictures, but I stopped by A Verb For Keeping Warm's studio opening, which by the way is very well photographed elsewhere....and it was beautiful. I just have to say Kristine and Adrienne have worked so hard in making it an incredible studio.

In knitting, I finished my mother's sweater, except for the buttons. I'll take a picture before I take it to deliver it personally, becuase yes, we are going to Hawaii in less than a week. I couldn't be more happy about that.

I've started the Lace ribbon scarf by Veronik Avery with some alpaca silk that I spun on the wheel...two-ply, somewhere between lace and fingering weight.


It's so soft and drapes very nicely.










and Tempest, which I love, and am very excited about. I got the yarn at Article Pract after realizing it wouldn't be so expensive because they were having a sale. Something about sales, it makes it so much easier to buy something. Never mind that you're still spending money, it's LESS money, right?

I'm still plugging away at my barn raising quilt...4 1/2 out of 42 squares, not bad eh?





After unpacking just one big box of my yarn, I had some guilt, and wanted to use my growing stash, I started a Sunday Market Shawl with some handspun and handyed and hand blended yarn:




I finished Glasgow Lace and my Tangled Yoke, but my camera just ran out of batteries and I have yet to take good pictures, so next time with details.

I am usually the first person to break chain letters of any type, and this kind of reminds me of that, but here goes....



"The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer."

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?

I was a new mom of a 1 year old boy, most likely at the park or the Little Farm. Making snacks and getting juice, and changing diapers...


2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?
buy steven something for father's day, grocery shopping, knit somewhere in public, laundy, dinner with lara and rochelle

3) Snacks I enjoy:

chocolate and potato chips....although i love a lot of snacks, i'm a snacky kind of girl...

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

I would make sure that all my parents and parents in law had a nice comfortable home to call their own, and buy our dream house. Then I would tell my husband to quit his job, and take a permanent vacation. Of course my mind is racing and there are a lot of other things I would love to be able to do, which include you know, world peace and curing cancer, a house in Southern France for all my friends to go and hang out. Liposuction (not really), and on and on.


5) Places I have lived:

Berkeley, CA
Aiea, HI
San Diego, CA
Oakland, CA



6) Jobs I have had:

office assistant, poster shop girl, operator for catalog, concession stand food seller (only once), and mom

7) Bloggers I am tagging who I will enjoy getting to know better:
adrienne
mrs. knitwit
unraveling marlowe
missy b

there's only 4, I hope it's all right....

Happy WWKIP day.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

congratulations! your scarf in spin-off is so beautiful!

I love all of your new projects.

Marlowe said...

Okay, I've posted my answers.