Tuesday, July 8, 2008

You Can't Always Have Meat on Your Pizza



Well two weeks in Hawaii is like heaven, it has completely rejuvenated me, even though I did take home a few pounds of the island on the belly portion of my body. I don't know how that could have happened, maybe it was the Passion Fruit Mojitos, or maybe pork for breakfast lunch and dinner. Hmmm.

There really is nothing better than to knit and be able to see the ocean. See above for the view. It was so relaxing and beautiful.




We also saw Kilauea, the volcano that erupted in March--




and fishes! I went snorkeling for the first time, incredible how close all the beautiful fish are. I didn't even freak out....very much. It was so much fun, the days were full of playtime, eating and drinking.

Now that I'm back though there is no eating, and only drinking a little water. We are now on a strict diet and exercise regimen.

My mom was very happy to receive her sweater, here is a picture of me in it...



Details: Ariann
Needles: 6 & 7
Yarn: Misti International Pima Cotton/Silk
No changes made to the pattern. Very easy pattern to follow.


I started my second Clapotis in Noro Silk Garden on the plane:




A halfway okay picture of Glasgow Lace taken by my bigger son:




Details: Glasgow Lace
Needles: 6 & 7 denise interchangeables
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece about 5 skeins
Modifications: I made the body about 2 inches longer to cover above mentioned belly section, and knit the collar all the way around the neck instead just in the front.

All in all a fun and interesting knit. The lace was easy enough to knit without complete concentration, but also interesting enough to keep me going.

The rest of the summer awaits, and I'm excited. My good friends from London are coming soon and I'm loving the staying up late and not having to get up and out of the house. I also have been having a great time with my boys. They are a lot of fun these days.

No comments: